photo blakeheade4r_zpsb6cbd8f6.png

Thursday, December 14, 2017

Beautiful 2017

2017 was certainly a wonderful year. I was blessed beyond measure each and every day. Though 2017 may have been one of my favorite years yet, that is not to say it didn't come without some struggle. I definitely had to fight hard in 2017 to stay afloat. There were countless days where I questioned myself, my choices, my future, my beliefs, my friendships, etc. but now looking back at all of that, I sort of laugh at how simple some of those problems really were. It may sound overly cliche, but I must admit that I feel like I truly found myself and my passion this year. I also learned to not give any fucks for those who are trying to stand in my way or try to bring me down. I learned to be unapologetically me. I know I'm loud, I know I can be annoying, I know I can be blunt, I have strong opinions, but I also have wonderful qualities that help soften some of my rougher qualities. I learned that I have the biggest heart and I truly care about others. 
In 2017 I gained some of the most incredible friendships. Those friends became my family this year when there were literally days when I didn't have any other family to lean on. Those friends saw me cry more than anyone and they picked me up countless times and gave me more than my fair share of pep talks. There were so many days when I couldn't fathom getting out of bed to take on another day of work or school, but because I knew I had such a strong support system at work and school, I was able to keep going. 
In 2017 I was able to experience some incredible moments.
Donovan and I were able to purchase a new home.
I was accepted into my dream university.
I graduated college.
I witnessed my nephew, Madden being born. (Probably my favorite moment of the year. If you've never witnessed a birth, I highly recommend it. The spirit in the room is unlike anything I've ever felt.)
I gained two beautiful nieces, Evelyn and Rosamund.
I got promoted at work to a position that I am incredibly passionate about and that I love doing.
I was able to attend and graduate DevMountain and develop my passion for design and understanding human interaction.
This list is so tiny in comparison to how many incredible things happened this year.
So many times this year I had to stop and think about how I don't deserve all of this, but how I feel so blessed to have been given it all. Above all the physical things I obtained this year. What I value most are the relationships I gained. I hope everyone who touched my life this year for the better know how much I love and appreciate their time and love that they've given me. 




























No comments:

Post a Comment